1 FRASEN Bujsaim

HIGHLIGHTS

No bigger controversy in the opening game, but I don't think it was that well-handled either.

Bujsaim started well but allowed too much rough tackling after he issued the second card of the game (inc. at least two mandatory missed cards). I had the feeling he tired a bit, as his technical accuracy deteriorated towards the end: I would add that this was a tough game to referee, especially after the 0-1, as the referee had to keep full concentration so as to not lose the overview. His presence, mimics, gestures were very good. Foul selection was slightly rigorous, and certainly consistent.

Ali Al-Trafi was good; Jorge Rattalino very (very) good, with the Argentine AR having a number of on/off-side calls to make.

Ali Bujsaim - 8,2
Ali Al-Trafi - 8,4
Jorge Rattalino - 8,6
Felipe Ramos Rizo

(UAE, KSA, ARG)
Gelbe Karten Petit (45.+2') - TackleGelbe Karten Cissé (51.) - Tackle
France 0-1 Senegal
Group Stage

Comments

  1. This looked more like 2010/2014 than 2002. Very management-focused performance. He carded the two fouls that were perhaps the hardest for balance and for some enforcement of a generally nitpicky line that got less consistent and error-prone as the game went on. Bad LoR prevention (22', 44') when players made fouls not aimed at the ball that weren't SPA really, but should be stamped out. Also, for me several cards missed for mostly reckless sliding tackles (5', 53', 63', 77'). Weird card presentation in 51', I have said again & again that I do not like such theatrics if you do not use your tools.

    I'd agree with your assessments regarding the cards: First is reckless sliding tackle (small SPA/LoR factor, but Bujsaim surely gave it for the intensity) and second one is reckless play.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts