3 GERKSA Aquino
HIGHLIGHTS
What a weird game, thank heavens it is over. Aquino was a bit too pedantic in foul selection, but fine generally. However he was (crucially) mistaken twice - missed penalty to Germany (54') and ultra-clear missed DOGSO at the end (+91') that apparently nobody was expecting. I think he was correct to disallow a Germany goal (8') for a prior tripping foul.
Mistake at +91' is so clear personally I wouldn't give him any further games.
Aquino interestingly overruled Michael Ragoonath in the scene at +91', obviously correct nowadays, not sure about back then; (* I think Aquino was correct to overrule Ragoonath, if not the AR should avoid a crucial mistake, or if Aquino told him to raise the flag for all offsides and the referee was to decide whether the offside was active, then he should also avoid a wrongly assessed KMI).
Ragoonath was incorrect to give an offside at 33', too.
What a weird game, thank heavens it is over. Aquino was a bit too pedantic in foul selection, but fine generally. However he was (crucially) mistaken twice - missed penalty to Germany (54') and ultra-clear missed DOGSO at the end (+91') that apparently nobody was expecting. I think he was correct to disallow a Germany goal (8') for a prior tripping foul.
Mistake at +91' is so clear personally I wouldn't give him any further games.
Aquino interestingly overruled Michael Ragoonath in the scene at +91', obviously correct nowadays, not sure about back then; (* I think Aquino was correct to overrule Ragoonath, if not the AR should avoid a crucial mistake, or if Aquino told him to raise the flag for all offsides and the referee was to decide whether the offside was active, then he should also avoid a wrongly assessed KMI).
Ragoonath was incorrect to give an offside at 33', too.

Easy game, decent performance. For me, goal cancelled for foul in 8' was wrong, looked like a fair challenge. The penalty scene in 54' could go both ways, more of a penalty than not for me, but since the contact is exaggerated by the German player, no pk still acceptable. Missed DOGSO in +91' is atrocious.
ReplyDeleteI saw some good verbal warnings, wished for one earlier for Ziege though (15', LoR foul + suggesting his opponent dived). Reckless sliding tackle on the follow-through was apparently not punishable back then (3'). Clear obstructing a punt would be a YC these days (50'). Really liked the booking for reckless use of arms. The advantage in +91' was brilliant I think, not to give a RC for DOGSO (to spare KSA?) unacceptable, unprofessional.
Cards given: Reckless sliding tackle, Reckless use of arms, SPA [actual DOGSO]